Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Art's

Art and his Concertinas

I went to a 50th birthday party over the weekend. The birthday girl planned festivities at a couple different locations and hired a bus to transport her guests. The party started at Art’s Concertina Bar. It's this little hole in the wall. The owner, Art, is probably in his 80's. He just loves us gals (we usually meet there prior to Brewer games). Every time we visit his establishment he gets his favorite concertina down from the shelf and serenades us (he has about 100 of them). Back to the party.... so it started there, then went to a couple other bars and ended back at Arts. Well, on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays Art has a couple of guys playing live music. Literally, it's a couple guys, one plays the accordion and one plays the drums. They play polkas, waltzes, sambas, stuff like that. It's a blast!!! Anyway, it was a riot because there were the regulars, a really old crowd, and then there was this massive group of women. We were dancing and singing and really just having a great time! I was laughing my ass off thinking that the neighborhood regulars must have been thinking, as they walked in, "Cripes, I didn't know Art's was a gay bar now?"

If you're ever in Milwaukee, go to Art's Concertina Bar. I think it's in the book.....

No comments: