There is a misconception the if you're a gay woman, you have the innate ability to fix things. Most of my gay friends even have this misconception.
About three weeks ago my partner anxiously informed me that something was dripping from the basement. So, I went down to take a look, and something was MORE than dripping. Well, it had apparently been dripping for some time since the wooden beam was soaked and seemed to have some mold on it. YUK! This river had to be coming from the refrigerator. After expressing my suspicion I was informed that she had already pulled out the refrigerator from the wall and it was dry there. In true fashion, I had to check this out myself. AGGHH! Low and behold, there was a lake back there. I didn't know where the hell all the water was coming from, but being the mechanical and plumbing wiz that I am I declared "We have to turn off the water to the ice maker!" And that's how it's been for three weeks. Running to the store for ice (lord knows we can't make it ourselves in this day and age) and drinking bottled water. The fridge has an ice maker and filtered water dispenser, of course. When the topic of my broken fridge came up in conversations with my co-workers and friends (so I whine a little), their response is "Just fix it". Look, I'm not a plumber, how am I supposed to fix it? "What do you mean, you can't fix it?" I don't know, can I fix it? DO we have some innate ability to fix things? I guess I'll find out, I'm on my way to the hardware store...... Any plumbers or refrigerator repair people out there????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
hi seymore... just wanted to visit your blog and know a bit of you.. and sorry i don't know how to fix a fridge, but if you ever have trouble with a camara let me know, hahaha.
anyway, have a great day and thanks for listening to our podcast.
//s
Thanks for commenting s!
Ah, the fridge, I replaced one of the water lines, turned the water back on but...the river floweth. The repair man actually just left.
In conclusion, we have no inate ability to fix things. Well, not refrigerators anyway.
Hi seymour. Sounds like a messy situation with the fridge. No ability to fix things here either. My favorite tool super glue. Works on tail lights, glasses and most anything, but probably not water lines.
Ouch!!!! for those Packers today. Hoping the Vikes do well tomorrow.
I prefer duct tape, I just couldn't figure out what to tape. :)
and OUCH is right!
<< good luck to your Vickings>> whispering for fear someone from Wisconsin will here.
Post a Comment