As some of you already know, my nephew Alex was born with major health issues. He wasn’t expected to live past 5 years old, but the doctors that told us that, some 14 years ago, didn’t know the heart and soul of this young man, much less his determination. Things have progressed to the point that his doctor has recommended he receive a small bowel transplant. I’m part of his fundraising campaign, and have been busy with his COTA website. COTA stands for Children’s Organ Transplant Association. That’s where his website is hosted. If you want to read Alex’s story, just click on the link. It’ll take you right there. In the mean time, I’ll be around, just probably won’t be posting much here.


6 comments:
Seymour, I went to the COTA site to read about your nephew and his need for a transplant. He sounds like he has a great spirit. You, he and your family are in my thoughts.
There's been transplants in my family. My nephew had a kidney transplant in 2006, an aunt had two bone marrow transplants, my cousin's wife had a double-lung transplant.
Take care and send you good energy. XO
~Deb
Best wishes to you and your family seymour, specially your nephew :D
And lots of kisses.
Oh I also remeber their dog Libby (was that her name?) hehehehehe.
crap ... link doesn't open for me ... but anyway, i think i know enough to place a nice order at the universe ...
and a big gay hug is always good isn't it?
Thank you all for your kind thoughts and words.
And yes E, I just saw Libby on Saturday. She says 'Woof'
you know I wish you and your family all the best
he sounds like such a great kid
hang in there sweetie
XOXO
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
Besos!
Post a Comment