Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Orange Colored Sky

This orange colored sky was observed from a boat off of Kauai.



For the performance this past Saturday I sang a Nat King Cole song titled “Orange Colored Sky” Nat King Cole is probably best known for his recordings of the 40’s and 50’s, although he kept putting out hits up until, and beyond, his death from lung cancer in 1965. In 1991 Natalie Cole, Nat’s daughter, put out a Grammy winning recording of her own voice mixed with her fathers 1961 hit “Unforgettable”.
And here is a recording of my performance. I used a little voice recorder so it's certainly not the best but......................I hope you like it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seymour! That was absolutely wonderful! Wow, that made my Tuesday morning! Thanks for sharing and putting up your recording.

I love Nat King Cole too.

XO

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say, nice picture of the sky!

seymour said...

THANKS MINNIE! I'm so glad you liked it.

Elka and KC said...

Seymour,

Hey, you cutie-pie . . . thanks for sending me a birthday card! It was so thoughtful of you (and funny, too). I am pleased to report that I do in fact own a vase, so I've got no worries in that department . . .

Thanks again; you're so sweet!
Love,
Elka

Tigerblue said...

Seymour,

That was beautiful music. Thanks for posting it.

seymour said...

Elka: Cutie-pie? hehehe......the only one who ever calls me that is my aunt... :)

Tigerblue: Thank you, I'm glad you liked it.