Thursday, November 30, 2006

Winter

(imagine a lovely snowy landscape that blogger didn't want me to insert here)


“We’re in Weather Watch” says the very attractive weather woman. Really? It’s 5:30 in the morning and I’ve just dragged myself out of my warm comfy bed. Gotta check the blogs, get in the shower, but “we’re in weather watch”? I stumble to the window and have a peek outside. It’s 5:32 and my eyes are hardly open but I can still see that the ground is dry. I turn to the TV, somewhat confused, and see a regional map depicting southern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois covered in white. Hmmpf. I’m starting to become more alert and hear the attractive woman say “We’re expecting a very large snowfall starting tonight and continuing through the day on Friday…a possibility of up to 10 inches in some parts of the viewing area”.

“Have I told you, I don’t like snow? Well the first snow is really pretty and nice. Then everyday living rears it’s ugly head and the snow gets dirty and trampled on. Sloppy and messy come to mind. Back to my rant….

THIS IS WISCONSIN. WE’RE IN WEATHER WATCH FROM NOW UNTL JUNE! CRIPES! OK….really…winters here are always cold….freakin cold, and usually snowy. I have a roof rake for cryin’ out loud. Tell me it’s gonna snow. Tell me how much. And try to be a little more accurate. If you mean we could get nothing or we could get 3 feet, tell me that. Of course, that’s winter in the Midwest every day. Weather watch ppfff……media frenzy…..

“So, we’re expecting our first big snow of the season. It all depends, of course, on which way the storm tracks. I think Uta’s gonna get pounded. I’m hoping it tracks south and misses me. To help my situation I’ve prepared for a blizzard. You see, if I’m prepared, it won’t happen. The snow blower died during the middle of last winter so I stopped after work today and bought a brand new one (nothing like waiting till the last minute huh?) This one’s bigger than the old one. Put me back a little over $600. Did I mention that I’m not fond of snow? Anyway, I got the shovels out, found the snow pants, brought the boots up from the basement (with the boot tray, ya gotta have someplace to put the boots), dug the mittens and hats out, and the snow brushes for the cars. I went to the gas station to get gas for the new $600 machine and filled up the car while I was there. You don’t want to get stuck in the snow without gas. You’ve got to keep the car going for the heat while waiting for the poor shmuck you called to come help dig you out. So I’m ready for the predicted blizzard. And you may not know this…..but I’m really not fond of cold and snow………

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seymour, I'm gonna stop whining about my weather in Minnesota because apparently we are NOT going to get some snow in the next few days.

I do think Uta's part of the Midwest is going to get hit.

Let's all move to Hawaii!!!

Uta Refson said...

Friday, almost 6 am, not too bad so far.......sounds miserable out there though.........
I just hope there isn't too much ice on my car underneath the snow.
:(
A scraping I will go! Hi ho, hi ho!

Keep warm!

dh said...

So let me confess. I have no concept of snow. I have only ever seen pictures of snow but other than that....nada you might as well be talking about vampires to me. I have no concept of them either.

Hope you can find some way to enjoy the winter.

Have a good weekend

Anonymous said...

Seymour, do you think we should attempt an online snow ball fight this winter???

Whaddya think?

seymour said...

HAHAHA.... A snowball fight sounds like fun right about now!

AHH..you know...it's the midwest and it's just the way it is here. But I think a trip to South Africa might be pretty nice right about now. :)

Got extra room lurker???

Tigerblue said...

Ahhhhhh! Winter. I am working on a plan to skip it.The snow is ok its the cold that gets to me. Hawaii, South Africa half the year and visit the Midwest in the summer and fall. I am happy this year to have my car in a garage.

dh said...

I have lots of space - all bloggers who hang out in Minnies playground are welcome.