
by Music?
Do you ever hear a song that just …… touches you? There are a LOT of songs that do that for me. I’ve discussed this with friends of mine…some who are musically challenged (1), so there was no expectation with them…..some who would cease to exist without music (2), as I would.…and those who fall somewhere in between (3).
So, I’m at work…busy at the computer, and my ipod is playing through a pair of computer speakers. The song comes on. Let’s just say it’s Calling All Angels , performed by Jane Siberry and kd lang. I feel it. I turn to my co-worker, who just happens to be one of my best friends, and say to her “Ahhh….Can you feel it?” She turns to me with a confused expression and replies “Huh?” Me: “Can’t you feel it….it just…mmmm….there isn’t even a word to describe it…it just touches me, maybe caresses my soul or something” Her (while rolling her eyes): Um….no……I mean…it’s nice and all…..” AGGHH…she just doesn’t get it! This exchange happens at least once a week.
Music is such an intricate part of who I am. Melodies are constantly swirling in my head, coursing though my body; truly my life blood.
Would you describe yourself as 1, 2, or 3? And, are there songs that just …. mmmm ….. that make you pause ...... that sort of wrap around your soul? I don't know how else to describe it....do you?


9 comments:
Seymour, I have been listening to Calling All Angels lately and it gives me the shivers. I LOVE that song.
In fact, I recently burned a CD for myself with a mix of Jane Siberry and kd lang, with some kd covers of Siberry songs. I'm listening to it over and over and over.
The last few years I was not listening to much music. But I've recently renewed my love. How can we live without music?
::Sad Face::
Because of a current project I spend a lot of my time in silence - because I work better in silence - but I soooo miss music and only am able to listen when I'm driving in my car which is not too often and not for long periods at a time.
Seymour, have you listened to Mat Kearney? That's "Mat" with only one "t". I like his song, Nothing Left to Lose, on his CD of the same title. I purchased a few of his songs from iTunes.
http://www.matkearney.com/
I LOVE music, and I love the way it enhances, or changes my mood. I think I would cease to exist without music. I love finding new songs that just explain ME. As if the song was meant just FOR ME.
One sound that has remain quite powerful is Sia's "Breathe Me"... everytime I hear it, I cry.
:-)
PS - Is it okay if I add you to my blogrolling?
I couldn't live without music. I LOVE all kinds of music. I understand what you are saying. I am not sure how to explain it either. All I know is that music vibrates my soul. It makes me laugh, cry, relax, think whenever I have a lot on my mind or I need to make an important decision I usually take a walk and listen to music. I used to dream about being a musician when I was a kid.
Recently I've been listening to a local singer from Minnesota Ann Reed. I was fortunate to see her perform a free concert last week in a small intimate setting.
hmmmmmmmm ... let's see ... have i ever heard a song that just touched me? .... wait, i'm thinking ... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahm, no!
WHAT? ... she started it!
ok, i am a 2 the twoest of the twos i am the mastertwo they'll change the name of two intwo nico next week!!! =D
and the best thing is ... now i know who kai is
A song that gets to me is Sarah MacLachan's "Answer." I own three different renditions of her singing that song.
Other Jane Siberry songs I can't get enough of:
The Valley
Love is Everything
Red High Heels
The Life is the Red Wagon
AHHHH....no wonder we all get on so well....we breathe music!
I'm going to listen to all of your recommendations. Thank you....
and Kai....of course you may add me to your blog roll..... :)
Post a Comment