Do you ever stop to think about what you take for granted? Oh, sure there’s the big things like oh….say living in relative freedom. No….I’m talking about the millions of little daily things.
If you’re reading this, you probably already know that I messed up my ankle. I didn’t break it, just a bad sprain, but I’ve been given the obnoxious blue boot to wear (3-4 weeks!) and instructed to use crutches for 4-5 days while I gradually try to put weight on the ankle.
Now most mornings I stop at Starbucks for a triple venti non-fat latte. I walk up to the counter, smile at the cute barista who smiles back and asks how I’m doing. I answer her, order my latte, pay for my latte, and then throw the change in the tip box; still smiling at the cute barista. I walk to the rounded “pick up orders here” counter where another cute barista smiles at me, hands me my latte, and tells me to have a nice day. I smile back, tell her to do the same, grab my latte and head for the door, and out to my waiting car. I’ve taken for granted this morning ritual of mine. As I was about to leave the house this morning it hit me: I’m not going to be able to stop at Starbucks! How will I carry my latte! I’m on crutches!
Do you think if I smile and bat mybaby bluesI can talk one of those cute baristas to carry my latte to the car for me? Hmmm??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
Oh definitely, Seymour. I mean Starbucks is ALL about customer service!
One of my little joys in life is flirting with the cute bartisa....
Hmmmmm, if you batted baby blues at me, I'd carry your coffee...so to speak. ;-)
I used to be one of those cute barista's! :-)
You know they like you when they give you discounts.
Hope your ankle is getting better. When we're both healthy, we should go jump around!
xoxo
Minnie, do you want me to pick you up (so to speak), or are we meeting at Starbucks? ;)
Kai, Oh...if only you were MY cute barista. Hey, let's go dancing when we're all healed!
I can carry your latte!
Hi Seymour! I'm sorry about your ankle...
Thank you for stopping by at my blog ;)
BESOS!
Seymour: Ohhhh, I'd rather you pick me up! :-)
YES, the HOT one has visited my little blog! Thanks for stopping by Edilma. :D
You got it Minnie!!
Hahahahahah ohh stop it ;)
How could anyone resist those baby blues???
Of course she'll help you to your car. I could help too, but it sounds like you'll be a little busy with Minnie and Edlima :)
We have drive throughs on our Carribou!
I would never take you for granted dear seymour!
Kissing your ankle.
Heal fast!
XOXO
Post a Comment