Thursday, August 23, 2007

Waterlogged

WARNING: waterlogged = foul mood

Is this what it's like to live in Seattle? All it does is rain, and rain, and then rain some more. It has put me in a rather foul mood. Well, in all honesty that's probably not the only thing that has put me in a foul mood, but it's almost at the top of the list. And, I think people's brains have gone soggy in this mess. As I was driving home from work today I saw people walking down the sidewalk as if it was a beautiful sunny day. It was pouring rain! I also saw a group of high school aged people at some type of organized event in the park. They were playing games and were also acting as if they were not completely drenched. OK, in light of their age, probably not too far fetched that they're out in the rain. But adult types just walking around....I'm telling ya, I think I've discovered a new syndrome; soggy brainitis syndrome. This rain just has to stop. I was almost at a run trying to mow the lawn yesterday in between the rain drops. The S/W corner of my garage continues it's minor flooding because the rain hasn't stopped long enough for me to try to figure out what's clogging the drainage pipe. And all this rain has had a major impact on my riding time. I warned you I was in a fowl.......crap, I meant foul mood!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, sorry I didn't see your blog post ealier so I could have helped brighten your day/

But I know what you mean. Thursday afternoon it was pouring and pouring rain and it looked like it would never end.

Thank goodness it finally did end.

Hope you are enjoying a little sunshine now.

XO