To Vista or not to Vista….that is the question. Well, that’s the question for me anyway.
Being the nerdy girl that I am, I of course want the latest and greatest. Today, that would be Microsoft’s new operating system Vista. It just looks cool. Window flip 3D, instant search, windows sidebar and oh so cool gadgets. Yeah, the security is supposed to be increased, and while that makes me feel better overall, it does nothing for the instant gratification that I so desire.
Butt, it’s the initial…first release of a major overhauled operating system. It’s bound to be full of bugs…….and then there are the compatibility issues with the other software and hardware on your machine.
I guess at this point…I’ll wait…even though I want to go right out and buy it now! Actually, I have to run the Vista Upgrade Adviser to see if my baby can handle the upgrade.
Oh! Microsoft Office 2007 is also being released……and has gotten some good reviews, but that’s not the topic of this post.
So…to Vista or not to Vista, again…..that is the question…..


11 comments:
I'm going to wait to upgrade to Vista. Mostly because I just KNOW there will need to be some patches. I never upgrade on the first release. But I've heard Vista has a much nicer interface. Some say, well, you might as well buy a MAC. :-)
Please don't make Bill Gates richer! hahahahaha.
Hola ;)
I read a review of Vista on the New York Times online and saw a video about it. I DO like the new interface.
for some reasons i am addicted to the urban dictionary today =D
see what i found
Viruses
Infections
Spyware
Trojans and
Adware
wasn't there a saying about an apple and a doctor???? =D
i am so happy with my little tiger
I think I'll wait to see what happens. I don't have the time to be playing around with problems on my computer right now. Although it is fun to have the latest new toy first.
It's very sad really...but it seems my 1 year old laptop's video card cannot handle vista.......
....and when I bought it...I was ASSURED that it would be able to handle microsoft's new operating system....pfff.....
I'd love to try a mac, nico.....really.....but the woman who shares so much of my life does not seem to share this particular desire of mine....hmmmm....
So have any of you microsoft users run the upgrade advisor?
I'm going to run the upgrade advisor this weekend, Seymour. My laptop is only one year old too. We'll see what the advisor says!
I wish you luck Min!
Seymour, I ran the Vista upgrade advisor. My laptop has the same problem as yours with the video card. Also, I need to upgrade RAM to 1GB Bleh!
OK, I'll wait. I may end up waiting and then buying a another machines that comes with Vista loaded.
I have only heard disasterous things about Vista thus far.
I would wait.
If you buy a newer "machine" get it pre-installed, it seems it is a better option at the moment.
Good luck.
I don't like change, I will stick with my antiquated XP thank you.
(I'd like to try nico's "little tiger" PRRRRRRR!) ;D
No on Vista!!!!!!
Reason being (as if there's ONLY one?!), the "HOME" versions, which retail for under $200, have very few of the security features that Microsoft is touting in this new OS. The Ultimate Version, is nearly $400 for a the full version (aka a clean install). Otherwise you'll get all your XP crap along with the new OS. Not worth it!
In addition, (you see, more than 1 major reason!) the new word, and excel formats are not compatible with older Office versions (aka - what everyone else uses!). In order to make things compatible, you and your friends need to adjust settings or download more software.
SO... I vote NO.
Goodnight... and thanks for letting me be a tech geek for a few minutes.
Post a Comment