Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I’ve taken a little trip….
                                                                   Down memory lane.....




I’ve been attending a conference in one of my old college towns. It’s been fun to see how things have changed…and yet, some things don’t.

The picture is of a house I used to live in. It looks pretty much the same….crap student housing. I had a lot of fun at the house….and I won’t speak of it here. HAHAHA…..now stop, you can’t make me. There used to be a Rocky Rocco’s pizza place right behind the house, across the alley. After a long night of drinking, when the restaurant had closed for the day, we’d knock on the back door and they’d give us the left over pizza. Rocky’s is now a sun tanning place…….

Took a drive up Grand Dad’s bluff and stopped at the Alpine Inn for an Alpine Cooler. That seemed to taste the same…..as far as I can remember….

Another place I wanted to visit was Mr. D’s Donuts. Again, after a night of bar hopping we’d stop at Mr. D’s. You’d have to go to the door off the alley where you could purchase donuts right out of the oven…….sooo tasty! The bakery has been leveled and there’s construction at the site. It looks like an office building is going up, but the sign says Mr. D’s will be back. I wonder if I will.

Cripes! This sounds like all I did at college was drink! Maybe that’s why I didn’t graduate from this school. HA!

2 comments:

Tigerblue said...

Hahaha! Sounds like you were just doing what comes naturally in college. An old friend and I were just talking about the Burger King on the corner, the grocery store and the bar within walking distance of our dorm. We didn't have a car so that's were we hung out. Thanks for sharing your trip down memory lane.

Anonymous said...

Pizza! Beer! Donuts! Sounds like the typical college experience to me.

Oh, c'mon spill it, Seymour. Give us some tales from the house!