Tuesday, March 06, 2007

So who was correct?

The picture in the last post depicts the original controls and testing tank for City Brewery in La Crosse, Wisconsin. The brewery was founded in 1958 by John Gund and Gottlieb Heileman, and stands at its original location. The brewery was later incorporated as G. Heileman Brewing Company. In 1890, Heileman’s wife Johanna became one of the first presidents of a corporation in the United States. Visit the City Brewery website if you just need to know more. http://www.citybrewery.com/


These are the only two original fermantation tanks left.

But the best thing about a brewery tour is the tasting that occurs at the end!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahaha! So my gut instinct was right! It had something to do with beer brewing.

Partly because I live just a few minutes from the Summit Brewery and recently stopped by the plant's gift shop to get a little present for KC's birthday.

seymour said...

Yes Minnie...you were correct!

I had a great time on the brewery tour....of course, what's not to like about a brewery tour unless you don't care for beer!!

dh said...

So Seymour are you gonna take Minnie for a ride on your Harley?

seymour said...

Sure!

and lurker don't you have a Harley as well??

Tigerblue said...

Brewery tours are great. Have you ever tried to brew your own beer?

Can I get a ride on a Harley even if I didn't have the right answer?

Uta Refson said...

I would like points for creatvity.
=(
You girls, all you think about is beer and boobs!
Oh
Wait
I said that like its a bad thing......
Hmmmmmmmmmm...............
;D
Thanks for the lesson seymour

seymour said...

HAHAHAHAHA!

Let's ALL go for a ride. Let's see...those that have motorcycle endorsements can bring their own or rent a Harley....and those that don't can hop on the back!!

potato...potato...potato...potato

HAHAHAHA!

Anonymous said...

I need to hop on the back because I'm too short to ride a real motorcycle. But it's kinda nice to hang on to the back of some pretty gal!

dh said...

We have one in the family Seymour.
And since I have the most free time I play on it more often.
A Fatboy.
::Blush::

seymour said...

NICE Lurker!!

I've got a Super Glide. I really like the Deluxe, butt I'm more than happy with mine.

So when you come for a visit this summer we can go riding? You are coming to the midwest for a visit aren't you??

Anonymous said...

A Fatboy! Oh my Lurker! Ok, I'm not saying anything more before I get myself into trouble......

Seymour, when I come visit this summer I definitely want a ride, por favor.

dh said...

Seymour,
I'll come visit when Hilary is elected to president.

seymour said...

Fair enough lurker....butt, we'll miss you!

Anonymous said...

gday seymour....do I get a ride on your Harley for trying to guess!!!...hehe..Ag

Anonymous said...

We all better cast our vote for Hillary Rodham Clinton so Lurker will come to the States!