While on Kauai we went to a luau. There was lots of food, like poi, different salads, fish, and chicken, but the real treat was the traditional kalua pork. Her she is:

The cook her in an imu, or underground oven. She's placed on top of hot rocks, salted inside and out, and covered with bannana leaves and burlap. The pork steams all day until the luau begins.
Of course there's entertainment at the luau, featuring traditional island music and dance.

The next day we went on our "Jungle Adventure". We kayaked and hiked through the jungle for a few hours and then we did the ziplines. Afterwords we had a little lunch at a swimming pond with a waterfall. It was pretty, but the mosquitoes were horrendous! After lunch we kayaked and hiked back out to civilization.

That's me zipping across the line. There was a waterfall below, but you can't see that.
But my favorite part of Kauai is Hanalei. It's "South Pacific"! Pictures don't do it justice, and to top it off, Bette Midler has a house there!!
The guy walking on the beach with the darker clothing is Pierce Brosnan. I swear! He walked right by us!
That's a VERY short summary of our time on Kauai. The next leg of our journey took us to the "Big Island".
5 comments:
Wonderful! Wonderful! I'd love to do that vacation. I want to do a zip line someday. A dream of mine. Thanks for the great photos, Seymour.
I'm sooo freeking jealous. The only time I've been to Hawaii I was stuck in the airport on a lay over to LAX and then back home to AUS.
I've always loved Hawaii I'm glad u had a blast.
(crying) I want to gooooo! hahahaha.
Wow James Bond and luau dacers...very nice!
Fantastic! Hawaii is one of the places on the top of my list to visit. The pics are beautiful it must be unbelievably beautiful in real life.
gday Seymour...nice pics...another place to visit someday!! :)
Post a Comment